• Q: What is a biofilm?

    A: A biofilm is formed when microorganisms find a receptive environment where they are exposed to food and moisture. The microorganisms work together as a population and secrete a sticky polymer to form a solid matrix attached to a surface. Once a biofilm is established, it is very difficult to eliminate because the microbes are reinforced and protected by the matrix, making them very resistant to sanitizers. Biofilms are often responsible for poor product quality and/or lost product due to contamination, causing costly damage to both product and equipment. The threat of a biofilm can be eliminated with proper ATP hygiene monitoring, allowing early detection and removal of food residue – thus eliminating the food source for possible biofilm-forming microbes.

  • Q: What is Staph and MRSA?

    A: Staph is a bacteria that can survive on dry surfaces, increasing the chance of transmission. S. aureus is also implicated in toxic shock syndrome; during the 1980s some tampons allowed the rapid growth of S. aureus, which released toxins that were absorbed into the bloodstream. Any S. aureus infection can cause the staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome, a cutaneous reaction to exotoxin absorbed into the bloodstream. It can also cause a type of septicaemia called pyaemia. The infection can be life-threatening.

    MRSA - (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) has problematically become a major cause of hospital-acquired infections, and is being recognized with increasing frequency in community-acquired infections. MRSA is, by definition, any strain of Staphylococcus aureus bacteria that has developed resistance to beta-lactam antibiotics, which include the penicillins (methicillin, dicloxacillin, nafcillin, oxacillin, etc.) and the cephalosporins. MRSA is especially troublesome in hospitals, where patients with open wounds, invasive devices and weakened immune systems are at greater risk of infection than the general public.

  • Q: What are HAI’s?

    A: Hospital Acquired Infections
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that in 2002, nearly 100,000 people died with a hospital-acquired infection (HAI), while an estimated 1.7 million people became infected. All in all, more people die per year in the U.S. with an HAI than from AIDS, breast cancer, and car accidents combined.A report published by the CDC (2009) estimates that HAIs cost the U.S. healthcare system between $28 and $33 billion per year.

  • Q: Why can’t current disinfectants do the job?

    A: Over 70% of the disinfectants used are toxins used to poison the germs and bacteria. As a side effect they can cause other health-related issues, but even more ominous is the mutation that the germs and bacteria and the Superbugs that develop to avoid these poisons. So not only are we suffering from side effects of poisons used to kill germs, they aren’t even killing germs like they used to. Our disinfectant/cleaner does all the work without the toxic side effects and doesn’t allow superbugs to develop.

  • Q: What is the surface protectant used in the SPP process?

    A: The surface protectant forms an odorless, colorless, completely NON TOXIC microscopic “bed of nails” on a surface and punctures the cell wall of microbes that land on the surface, and then electrocutes the microbe. All of this happens mechanically, so the microbe is unable to build up an immunity to surface protectant. This protection lasts a minimum of 90 days, no matter how often the surface is wiped down or cleaned. In fact, normal cleaning is necessary to maximize the effectiveness of the Protectant. Without normal cleaning, dirt buildup, paint, dead microbes, etc. will build up a layer of film that prevents the “bed of nails” from coming in contact with the microbe and killing it.

  • Q: What is the disinfectant used in the SPP process?

    A: Our biocide is tested effective as a sporicide, germicide, bactericide, fungicide. Its proprietary formulation makes it a unique disinfection system. It has been tested effective against the most harmful virus, bacteria, fungi, and spores. It has the highest efficacy, is non-harmful to humans, nor the environment and is so easy to use. It will not produce a harmful residue or noxious odor. It will eliminate malodors from smoke, urine, vomit, bodily fluids, sulfur, ammonia and much more. It is able to kill and remove the most resilient molds and spores. It is a broad spectrum disinfectant cleaner able to fulfill many responsibilities in one product

  • Q: What is electrostatic spraying?

    A: Electrostatic spraying is an electrically charges spray that completely envelopes the object or surface being sprayed insuring complete coverage. In the fluorescent dye photo shown to the left, notice the even, complete coverage on the ball sprayed using electrostatics. The dyed spray was able to wrap around the ball on the left for even coating. However, the knob on the right was sprayed with the electrostatic system “off”. Without electrostatics the spray coverage is so uneven that the back side of the knob remains untouched and is able to reflect the evenly-coated electrostatic knob. The spray is condensed to 30-60 microns and the electrical charge gives it a much stronger than gravity pull, so the molecules find something to grab on to instead of just falling to the ground.

  • Q: How can you tell if my surfaces are contaminated?

    A: We use a process called ATP testing, with a hand-held luminometer that reads the residue collected from a swab and gives you a contaminant score in minutes. ATP is produced by almost all living things in their cell’s organelles called mitochondria. It stands for adenosine triphosphate and it is the major ‘currency’ of energy in the body. It is not energy itself, but rather temporarily “stores” energy in its phosphodiester bonds (the bonds between the phosphate groups of the ATP molecule).

  • Q: How does the SPP work?

    A: It is applied through electrostatic spraying, which is a complete and thorough method of applying the products. This provides a quick, efficient, cost-effective, non-invasive application that works with your facilities people and schedules not against them.

  • Q: What kind of surfaces can the Surface Protection Program (SPP) protect?

    A: Any surface can be protected from hard to soft. Germs and micro-organisms can hide or inhabit any surface and therefore cause problems no matter where they are. The SPP can work on any surface providing a more thorough approach to sanitizing your facility.