• Q: What is the surface protectant used in the SPP process?

    A: The surface protectant forms an odorless, colorless, completely NON TOXIC microscopic “bed of nails” on a surface and punctures the cell wall of microbes that land on the surface, and then electrocutes the microbe. All of this happens mechanically, so the microbe is unable to build up an immunity to surface protectant. This protection lasts a minimum of 90 days, no matter how often the surface is wiped down or cleaned. In fact, normal cleaning is necessary to maximize the effectiveness of the Protectant. Without normal cleaning, dirt buildup, paint, dead microbes, etc. will build up a layer of film that prevents the “bed of nails” from coming in contact with the microbe and killing it.